Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Nuisance Calls From 07975-825284

 

This idiot rings me twice a day. I've not caught him yet and I only know because my phone tells me someone has rung. So I've no idea whether it's a silent call or someone trying to sell me something.

So I tried to report it to BT's nuisance call bureau on 0800-6614413, but they said I must report it to Orange. Guess what, every number I could find needed an Orange mobile phone to report the problem.

But I'm happy with mine and think it a bit rich to have to change my mobile to Orange to report one of their idiot customers.

Eventually I found an e-mail form and sent this. I doubt I'll get a reply.

The Orange number 07975-825284 rings me twice a day. As yet I've not managed to catch it, but my phone says I've been called. I've tried to ring it back, but I get an answerphone with a full voicemail box.

Can you please sort it?

My landline is 01440-783789

I should also say that I couldn't find an address to write to on the Orange web site.

That is a disgrace and it should be the law.

As a follow up to this, I caught the call this morning. It was a company called Financial Connections, ringing despite the number was registered with the Telephone Preference Service.

Let's hope that stops it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am also receiving nuisance calls from somebody.. i am on orange and i have a different orange phone that i use the sim in.. however i do not remember what details the sim was registered with.. will that be a problem?

Monday, October 29, 2007 6:09:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also receiving these calls, I have made a complaint to both the Telephone Preference Service and to Ofcom today, I'm sure it won't make any difference as both organisations are as useful as chocolate teapots from past experiences with them dealing with these sorts of problems.

Monday, December 17, 2007 10:22:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home