Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Spysoftcentral Fake E-Mails

 

I received forty e-mail purporting to come from spysoftcentral.com. When I receive this number of identical e-mails then I know it's a fake.

The image shows the first part of the e-mail.

SpySoftCentral.com E-Mail

It is a fake.

A few points :-

1. It has nothing to do with Spysoftcentral.com and no money has been removed from your bank account.

2. The attachment of the e-mail is the real problem. It is a virus and opening it will call you damage.

3. One e-mail address received seventeen copies of the e-mail.

4. I got no e-mails to any e-mail addresses I regularly use.

5. The e-mail starts Dear Madame/Sir. Have you ever received a letter from anyone who uses such a greeting? We may not be MCPs, but we do put Sir first!

6. Every e-mail is the same.

7. Etc. etc.

I've just sent a complaint e-mail to spysoftcentral.com. It'll be interesting what they say.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home