Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

An Angry Individual

 

Someone has accused me of sending him spam messages. I tried to reply to them by e-mail, but unfortunately, he gave me the wrong e-mail address.

So this is the message I send them.

I am sorry you are getting messages that appear to be from me, but I can assure you that I am not sending you messages, except of course this one. The messages you are getting are probably due to people using my domain name as a spoof, when they send e-mails. If you check the headers the messages usually come from the US, Russia or China, so I suggest you complain to the appropriate embassy.

I would suggest that you employ a proper spam filter from someone like McAfee or use the filters in Outlook to put these e-mails in the Junk E-mail folder.

I should hasten to add that I get about 8,000 spam e-mails a day and I have proved that with the right software I can manage them.

If you read my history at http://www.jamesmiller.com, you will see that I have been involved in the computer industry for over forty years and that I am a very ethical businessman. So I would have no need to send spam messages to anyone.

In addition, if I was a crook, would I give you my full details in this e-mail.

James Miller

Daisy Analysis Ltd.,
East Green Farm,
Great Bradley,
Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 9LU

I am genuinely sorry that this person is being upset, but until the US, Russian and Chinese governments take action, the tide of spam will increase.

If the individual involved will send me an e-mail, with their correct e-mail involved, I will try to ascertain how they can minimise the problem.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home