Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Friday, August 31, 2007

Sean Glen - Bank of Scotland

 

He's either being very naughty or it's a fake.

Another one out of five as it's a fake letter. Don't answer it.

From: BANK OF SCOTLAND,
LONDON BRANCH.

Dear Friend,

Please do not be offended if I have invaded your privacy. I am Mr. Sean Glen, and I am contacting you on business transfer of a large sum of money from a deceased account. I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make anyone apprehensive and worried, but I assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day. We decided to contact you due to the urgency of this transaction.We came to know of you via the London. Global. Database.Center
(L.G.D.C.) Hence i am making this contact.

PROPOSITION.
I was the account officer to Mr Salah Adam (deceased) one of our foreign customers. While he banked with us, we oversaw his accounts and other official obligations as my office demanded being his accounts officer. Unfortunately, he died together with his entire family in the plane crash of 31 October, 1999 on board the Egyptian Airline 990 alongside other passengers. . You can confirm this fact from the website which was aired by the BBC WORLD NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/502503.stm

Since his death, none of his next-of-kin or relations has come forward to lay claims to this money as the heir. We cannot release the fund from his account unless someone applies for claim as the next-of-kin to the deceased as indicated according to the law of your country.Most likely, if there are next of kin, they all get an equal share. If there are(mysteriously) no next of kin (claiming or otherwise), the money goes to the state.

Having made a very franatic and exhaustive search for any family member that would lay claim to this fund, I decided to take my chance with you. I now seek your permission to have you stand as next of kin to the deceased as I have all documentations including his Testament (Will) & last testament that will facilitate your stand as next of kin to him as he had a closing balance of £15,500,000.00 (Fifteen million, five hundred thousand pounds sterling) here in our bank in London. I also have secured from the probate an order of mandamus to locate any member of deceased family to become beneficiary of this fund.
Please acknowledge receipt of this message in acceptance of our mutual business endeavour by furnishing me with the following, vial reply to my private E-mail: seanglen077@yahoo.ie

1. Beneficiary name and address
2. Direct Telephone and fax numbers

These requirements will enable me make some internal re-adjustments and file your name in form A2ag and other vital forms as next of kin which before now was left blank by the deceased upon opening of the account. Upon your reply, I will advice the way forward. I must assure you that if you are serious and follow my lead religiously, then this funds will be released to you within a seven-working-day period.
If this proposal is acceptable by you, do not take undue advantage of the trust I have bestowed on you, I await your urgent mail.

Please reply to my private e-mail: seanglen077@yahoo.ie Regards,

Mr. Sean Glen
Accounts Management Section.

The Governor and Company of the Bank of Scotland, constituted under an Act of Parliament dated 1695, Head Office: The Mound, Edinburgh, EH1 1YZ

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to work for The Bank of Scotland, and wouldn't even give this 0 out of 5, it's absolutely hilarious.

I've received loads of mails supposedly from some poor soul trying to get money out of Nigeria, Lagos. you name it I've had mail from it.

Technically I should be worth millions by now, just a pity I haven't taken any of them up, and am still alive to be counting the pennies.

I don't' know whether to to feel sorry for anyone taken in by one of these mails, but I think I won't as they are too thick to be allowed out alone.

Monday, September 10, 2007 8:55:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just got this one. the next in a lot to try and give me massive amounts of money. i hate it when some people do this crap

Thursday, April 03, 2008 8:31:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just received this Email, and I do think it is extremely offensive, to use a dead persons name for their financial gain. Wheter the sender means not to offend as he says or not! It's disgusting. I as well feel sorry for anyone so gullible as to believe such nonsense!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:35:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home