Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Sunday, August 26, 2007

YouTube Scam

 

I had fourteen e-mails like this yesterday.

Man you have got to tell me where you picked her up. I saw this on the web, it has to be you. here is where I found it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEL9tKRejAY

It looks innocent enough, with a standard link to YouTube.

Goto the link in this topic and you'll get a message ferom YouTube saying that the video has not been uploaded.

But click the link in the e-mail and you will be taken to some disreputable site. I suspect, it's another version of the postcard, fake subscription scam.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this issue. I had 5 different youtube emails too. Each of said similar content as yours,"You can see your face right in the video. its all over the web dude. this is the link to it."
And each had different youtube links. I did not open them since I did not know any of the senders. And I suspect to be a scam. Now I know for sure it is scam.

Monday, August 27, 2007 4:42:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have gotten a couple of these as well.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 2:33:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

www.EveryPipe.com

Wednesday, March 11, 2009 1:33:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home