Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Monday, July 07, 2008

Kwame Mensah

 

Fraud.

One out of five.

Dear Sir,

My name is Mr. Kwame Mensah , a banker here in Ghana. I write you this proposal in good faith as a brother. In 2003 a Crude Oil dealer Late Mr. Potgieter, Johannes Potgieter, Johannes, made a fixed deposit for 36 calendar months, valued at Seventeen Million, Five hundred Thousand U.S Dollars (US$17,500,000.00) with my bank. I was his account officer before I rose to the position of manager. The maturity date for this deposit contract was 20th of August, 2006. I have tried my possible best to locate Mr. Potgieter to notify him about this, but all my efforts proved abortive. I later discovered that Mr.Potgieter, Johannes was killed by a Suicide bomber in Baghdad Iraq. Unfortunately, he has no other living relatives to inherit this fund.

http://icasualties.org

Now, a new Financial Law, which takes effect in two month's time, stipulates that any bank account more than $5,000,000.00 [Five Million U.S Dollars] will be investigated and the bank shall produce the account owner for clearance. This is a Government measure to check money laundering. If I do not find a way to move this money out of the country immediately, in two month's time, it might be reverted to Government treasury because the bank management cannot provide Mr. Potgieter, Johannes since he is now late. I am seeking your co-operation to present you as the next of kin to the account since you are a foreigner, so that my bank head quarters will release the funds to you. It is only a foreigner who can claim the funds in the account. Please, treat as top secret, I am the only
person having this information. But don't reply if you can not assist in this transaction.

Regards,

Mr. Kwame Mensah

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home