Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Friday, September 19, 2008

Phil Mark

 

Fraud.

One out of five!

Hello,

Compliment Of The Day.

My Name is Phil Mark,a staff in the Private Clients Section of a well-known bank, here in London, England.I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned up courage to contact you. I am presently in London and I found your contact particulars in an address journal.

I am seeking your assistance to evacuate the sum of (£12.5,000,000.00 GB Pounds) to the States or any safe country, as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your care pending my arrival in your country for sharing and further investment in your Country.
Your cooperation is highly needed.

Yours Faithfully,
phil Mark.

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am slightly concerned that this fraudster is using my name - a name that is actually rather rare. Much as I'd like to have 12 million quid residing in a dodgy bamk account, you can be assured that I don't. So if you're stupid enough to respond to something like this, make sure you're not responding to me.

Phil Mark (the real one)

Saturday, October 25, 2008 2:14:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home