Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Joseph Areco

 

Fraud.

One out of five!

Dear Friend.

Compliments of the season's and good-day, How are you and how is your work ? Hope everybody is fine ? Well, I decided to write you and to inform you that I have succeeded in receiving that fund which I solicited for your assistance as my partner to transfer the sum of $18 million USD Dollars for the contract Award in LAGOS - NIGERIA. The fund was sucessfully transfered on the 4th ,Sept 2007, through a German Partner and I have since received my own share, I am now in Spain for business and holiday too.

I will not come back till October 2009. But I have searched my conscience and decided that for your earlier cooperation/participation in the early part of this transaction, I decided to compensate you.

I have placed the sum of $1.2 Million USD (one million two hundred thousand Dollars only) for you as compensation for your time/mails, Phone calls, Financial Commitments & efforts and Your cooperations etc.

This money is in a seperate account in Central bank here and I have left instruction with Central bank to Dispatch the Confirmable Bank Draft to you from their Bank.

I am now in Spain,Pls contact the Central Bank for your draft on there e-mail address (centralbkn@voila.fr)


Pls email the bank and inform them that I have contacted you and that they should go ahead to transfer the fund which I have deposited in there Bank For your compensation. Pls give the Central Bank of Nigeria your full name and contact address where the Bank will send the Bank Draft/fund for you and on receipt of the fund confirm receipt to me via my e-mail address.

You have been a friend at a time I needed assistance/consolation, all I do is nothing but wished you well, we are friends and you can always call on me or write me anytime through my secretary Mrs Rose ibeh at: joarecoz@voila.fr

God Bless You & Regards.

I remain,

Joseph Areco.

Compensation fund for the sum of $1.2 Million USD

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home