Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Monday, September 15, 2008

Zenith Bank Of Nigeria

 

Fraud.

One out of five!

¡Tengo nueva dirección de correo!
Ahora puedes escribirme a:inof00112@yahoo.com.co



- Attention:Beneficiary,This is to officially inform you that we have verified your contract file presently on my desk, and I found out that you have not received your payment due to your lack of co-operation and not fulfilling the obligations giving to you in respect to your contract ayment.Secondly,you are hereby adviced to stop dealing with some non-officials in the bank as this is an illegal act and will have to stop if you so wish to receive your payment immediately.After the board meeting held at our eadquarters, we have resolved in finding a solution to your problem, and as you may know, we have arranged your payment through our SWIFT CARD PAYMENT CENTRE in Europe,America,Africa and Asia Pacific, which is the instruction given to us by Federal Republic of Nigeria.This card center will send you an ATM CARD which you will use to withdraw your money in an ATM MACHINE in any part of the world, but the maximum is ($15,000.00) Thousand Us Dollars per transaction.And the total amount that is in the card is $13million (usd) So, if you like to receive your fund this way,reply to this office immidietly forthe issueing of your (ATM)CARD.(1) Your Full Name (2) Address where you want the payment center to send your ATM CARD.(3) Phone And Fax Number We shall be expecting to receive your information you have to stop any further communication with anybody or office apart from this office of the presidency.On this regards, do not hesitate to contact me for more details and direction, and also please do update me with any new development.Thanks for your co-operation.Best Regards,Dr.James Ogo Remittance Manager Zenith Bank Of Nigeria.

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have received an email almost exactly like this one only I would not give them any direct info such as banking or financial info.Personaly I am going to drag them along as long as I know they cant get any personal info or money.Has anyone ever had any luck with getting any money from these people or has it been just a scam all along?I really would apreciate any feedback on this matter.Thank you.

Sunday, October 12, 2008 10:08:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT IS A SCAM, PERIOD! No one will ever get anything out of these type of offers. Don't respond to them because there are ways of hacking into your system if you respond at all!

Monday, October 13, 2008 6:34:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the exact same information letter as above only with a .org web address. Who would I forward this to?

Thursday, December 18, 2008 4:01:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the same letter...IGNORE IT its a SCAM!!!! No one will ever grant you such huge amount without any justified reasons. It may hack your system!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 5:04:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recieved the same email, except in 2008 I was talking with a woman who I thought was in real trouble and needed my help, so I did send her money and I got nothing out of it but a BIG SCAM, she messed with my emotions and cost me alot of money and heart ache, I then got an e-mail just last week stating they new about the situation with a miss Vivian Cole and she Scammed me good, the new e-mail from a Thompson will claimimg to be an UN official in London for scam victims said I would be receiving a ATM card worth 100,000 U.S. dollars with a yahoo.com account! way dead give away, stating I would be contacted by a Man from the Zenith Bank of Nigeria, and his name Dr ADAMS IKE, promising me the card if I paid the fee of 1,500, I told them to go, you know! anyways stay away from these emails and be wise in your decisions so you don't get suckerd like I was!

Monday, April 27, 2009 5:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home