Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Lucas Rabanne

 

Fraud.

One out of five!

Dear Representative,

I hope this email meets you in good health. I feel quite safe dealing with you in this mutual beneficial transaction. Though, this medium Internet has been greatly abused, I choose to reach you through it because it still remains the fastest way to get in touch with people.

I am Mr. Lucas Rabanne and am an artist, I am 40 years old and paint for a living, and have been painting for the past 18 years. I am married with a wife and 2 lovely kids. I have a vacancy opening available in my studio. I am setting up offices in different parts of the world and will need a Representative to work on a part time basis for me.

I sell Arts all over the world and have sold to both galleries and private collectors. I am always facing serious difficulties selling my art works to most of my international clients; most times they offer to pay with either Money orders or checks which are difficult for me to cash here in United Kingdom. I need someone in the states to work as my representative and assist me in processing these payments and I will be willing to pay 10% for every transaction made.

First step in this job is for you to wait at home for checks sent by my clients via regular mail or FedEx to get to you. For this to be possible I need your basic personal info such as:

1. Full Name,
2. Contact Address,
3. City,
4. State,
5. Zip Code,
6. Country
7. Occupation,
8. Cell Phone Number,

I will never ask you for anything more than that, no bank name, bank account number, credit card, social security number etc.

If anyone asks for those on my behalf please do not give out this info. This is to ensure that you will not be the victim of identity theft. After you receive the checks you will have to go to the bank to cash them, this will happen of course after the bank clears them. The time it takes for the check to clear depends on your bank. I need you to be trustworthy and honest with me for I am ready to employ you for 6 months until I am fully established.

If you are interested in working for me, please kindly send the needed information to my email: rabannestudios4@gmail.com . I await your reply

Regards
Lucas Rabanne

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home