Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Sunday, August 24, 2008

 

Fraud.

One out of five!

Greetings,

I have interest of investing in your country as well as seek your services in a private and confidential matter. My Name is Mr. Arthur Savage, a senior Auditor heading computing department here in our bank.
On my routine inspection I discovered a dormant domiciliary account with a Balance of ($48.500 Million USD}.I write to seek your indulgence and assistance in transferring this fund to your country through legal means.
I am proposing to make this transfer to a designated bank account of your choice in your country for investment. At the conclusion of this transaction, you will be given 50% of the total amount, 50% will be for myself.
Let me know if you can handle it by giving me a call on this number +233248891096.
or email me your most reachable telephone number to contact you.

Regards,

Mr. Arthur Savage

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same thing they deed to me today. I was the expatriat candidate to be offered with work at maleysia unfortunately we are still on the procces then I decided to search about the company as it offers such interesting benefits. When I visite the site then I got so many advisee that such people are committing fruad. so anyone must be so careful of such emails. NTOKOZO CHISTIAN KUMALO (UKZN SA)

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:45:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home