Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Tesco Gift Vouchers

 

This is definitely spam judging by the e-mail addresses and why would Tesco use a such a system. They also have an address in California.

Get a £150 Tesco gift voucher!

J. Willard
2202 S. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90017

I've had nine of the little darlings. I also had another 48 in my spam trap.

It seems to be linked to a company called e-PayDay.co.uk or FreePay.com.

The latter claims that "Freepay.com is an independent rewards program and is not affiliated with any of the listed products or retailers."

In other words it's a spammer at best and a fraudster at worst.

This is the registration address for e-PayDay.co.uk

297 Kingsbury Grade #D, PO Box 4470
Stateline
NV
89449-4470
US

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you through Google. I've been having terrible problems with this spammer. Plese tell me how I can stop this one. I've been spamming them for weeks and they just keep coming!

Thanks,

Kate

Thursday, October 30, 2008 1:06:00 pm  
Blogger James Miller said...

There is nothing you can do. What they do is more or less legal in the US. they will ignore anything you send to them, so never even think about it.

Because of their attitude to spam, the death penalty, Iraq, guns, trade and many other issues, I avoid US products whenever I can. Unless of course the company has an ethical stance of which I approve.

If you write to Tesco, they take no action. I've been trying to get them to remove my late wife from their database without success for some months. So I just don't shop in Tesco any more.

We have consumer power and we should exercise it. Obviously, I would never cut my nose off to spite my face, so I do buy US and Tesco products, where there is no alternative.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 1:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home