Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Peter Chiang

 

Fraud. He did send four copies to undisclosed-recipients. I don't know why he bothered.

One out of five.

CHIANG AND ASSOCIATES
SOLICITOR AND ADVOCATES
NO. 24, JALAN MELAKA RAYA 31,
TAMAN MELAKA RAYA
MALAYSIA
TEL: +60122473440

I am Peter Chiang,an attorney at law. A deceased client of mine, that shares the same last name as yours, who here in after shall be referred to as my client, died as the result of a heart-related condition on the 11 November 2001. His heart condition was due to the death of all the members of his family in the Gulf Air Flight Crashes in Persian Gulf near Bahrain Aired August 23, 2000 - 2:50 p.m. ET as reported on:http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0008/23/bn.08.html

I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this deposit valued at Seventeen million five hundred dollars(
US$17.5 million dollars) is lodged. This bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin, or the account will be confiscated.

My proposition to you is to seek your consent to present you as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my named client, since you have the same last name, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you. Then we can share the amount on a mutually agreed-upon percentage. All legal documents to back up your claim as my client's next-of-kin will be provided. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through.

This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from many breach of the law. If this business proposition offends your moral values, do accept my apology. I must use this opportunity to implore you to exercise the utmost indulgence to keep this matter extraordinary confidential, whatever your decision, while I await your prompt response.
Please contact me at once to indicate your interest. I will like you to acknowledge the receipt of this e-mail as soon as possible via my private EMAIL :( barr.peterchiang03@hotmail.com) and treat with absolute confidentiality and sincerity. I look forward to your quick reply.

Best Regards,
Peter Chiang
Attorney At Law

Labels:

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i received a similar one as well

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:59:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received a similiar one as well! I`m living in the U.K. and don`t know him or his office!!!

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:38:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also received am email,today 4th june, i live in Austraila.....

Wednesday, June 03, 2009 11:26:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also received a similar one today and I live in the US. It is funny that he never states the last name of his deceased client. My last name starts with an R. And by the way, he is up to 18 million now.

Thursday, June 04, 2009 1:29:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received the exact same email today

Thursday, June 04, 2009 6:51:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also received one today :-)
Think we all know these "too good to be true" stories...
Discrasefull to bank on a disaster that affected so many people.
Thanks for starting this blog and helping people to understand this rubbish!

Thursday, June 04, 2009 2:16:00 pm  
Blogger kamdynsmom07 said...

got the same email..people are so stupid

Friday, June 05, 2009 6:15:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have just recieved the same email , how sick are these people and what do they gain ?

Monday, June 08, 2009 5:28:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got one today as well June 9 2009,I think this is a sick joke!I do have 2 brothers that,I have never met.My father was in the war and married a lady from there.To read that is really heart breaking!

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 10:55:00 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

i received an exact copy of that email today...about 5 hours ago actually. I cant believe anyone falls for this shit. To me it was totally obvious it was a scam. An attorney at law wouldn't misspell words and incorrectly capitalize words. Simple mistakes.

Friday, August 07, 2009 9:23:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous-Hes contacted me three times and all three times ive asked for proof that he is an attorney and he wont provide it. Dont fall for this guys bull.

Wednesday, September 09, 2009 11:31:00 pm  
Blogger JasmineS said...

I too,received an email this morning from this guy.My last name starts with S,and I live in Abbotsford,B.C.Some people just have too much time on their hands.Maybe one day,I'll get a legit email saying that I'll be receiving a 10,000 dollar check......YEAH,RIGHT!!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:03:00 pm  
Blogger JasmineS said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 5:14:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh, I just received one as well pertaining to the Tsunami disaster in Indonesia. This is very disturbing to me, I cannot for the life of me figure out how these people can be so cold and inhuman. Saddens me.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:08:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Received one as well (Canada) Nov 21st 2009. These lowlife fraudsters need to first go to jail, get out of jail in 30 years and then get an honest job and work honestly like the rest of us. The sad thing is there are desperate people who are gullible to these people. All it takes is one person out of 100,000 to respond for them to rip someone off. F**k off fraudsters and get a job is all I can say.

Monday, November 23, 2009 2:43:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I redceived one fropm Mr.Chaing,to
whom I never heard ff,as I live in Canada.Can't any thing be done to prowlers on the Internet

Lab

Monday, November 23, 2009 3:14:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home