Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Saturday, July 26, 2008

More on the Airline Ticket Virus Delivery

 

The Midwest Airlines scam I reported yesterday has now been analysed by McAfee Avert Labs.

It is a virus and is a variant of Spy-Agent.bw.

Follow their advice and never open unknown attachments or click links that you don't trust. Also make sure you have virus protection, as if you do in nearly all cases you will be protected.

I should say that I've used McAfee for many years and they've done me well. But we all have our own preferences and there are a number of reputable virus and spyware protection systems on the web.

Some good ones are free.

I used AVG for some time, but found that it was not for me. They have a free version, which a lot of my friends and family swear is very good.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home