Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sharon Lytle

 

Fraud.

One out of five!

I am Mrs. Sharon Lytle,

May I use this medium to request your assistance into a relationship of high mutual trust and confidence with you. This proposal appears wonderful, but I had to do this and affect lives in fulfillment of my will.

I am a retired regional Controller of Customs. I have been diagnosed with kidney Cancer a Disease that has defiled all forms of medical treatment, destroying my heart and kidney. My doctor's report indicates that I have only few months to live under this earth. In my years of service in the custom, I used my position to receive kickbacks from smugglers and business people seeking favours from me, as well as conversion of confiscated goods to my personal property. This fund, a total of Forty Five Million United States Dollars, is presently deposited in a bank under a confidential trust. Now under my present condition, I have asked God for forgiveness and in my integrity I have decided to donate this ill-gotten wealth to charity through you to affect the lives of the less privileged children of the world.

Forgive me if you see my communication as a shameful act and not honorable, for acquiring so much wealth as a public officer, but kindly excuse me and understand the situation as I must find a credible and trustworthy personality in this mission to fulfill my commitments to affect lives. I want you to receive this money on trust, after which you will receive 20% for your support and then distribute 80% to charity. I have given my lawyer all the documents that will facilitate the released of my funds to your bank account for immediate execution of my Last Will. My health has deteriorated real badly, that I cannot do this myself anymore. My contacting you is divine and my faith is in God. More details will be communicated to you once you indicate your interest to assist. Please, confirm your readiness and willingness so that I will give you the contact of my lawyer who will process the transfer of the funds to your account. I will not contact anybody until I hear from you.

Please reply me back via this email adderss: sharon.lytle2008@yahoo.com.hk

God Bless You,
Mrs. Sharon Lytle

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! I would like to ask you as far as the email of Ms. Sharon Lytle. As much as i am giving her the benefit of the doubt, i feel much sympathy on her. it's really a shame to inform you this, but i am interested with the large sum of money she will transfer.

Let me ask you; How did you found out that this is a fraud? It may sound stupid but please let me know, because i don't want to end up frustrated in the end.

i am waiting for your answer,

please reply to my email at ferociousroxy@lycos.com

Thursday, November 20, 2008 2:29:00 am  
Blogger James Miller said...

The fraud was send to undisclosed-recipients. This means that he, it was unlikely a she, sent it to many millions of people.

Note too that she is using a Yahoo address in Hong Kong.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS CROOK.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:11:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home