Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Thursday, October 23, 2008

AutoPay Inc

 

Fraud. Note the bad spelling of Incorporated.

One out of five!

Dear Sir/Madam,

AutoPay Inc.looking for local branch adminitsrators in Uited States only!
You will work in your city, no trips, no relocation.
Vacancy: regional payment administrator (male and female) , salary: 2600-2800 per week.

1)21 years and older,
2)2-3 hours per day (monday - friday),
3)education - any basic.

For more details mail to: autopayinc@aol.com

Sincerely, Brad Blankenship.
AutoPay Incorpotation.

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got this too. This outfit is also unable to spell United States (Line 2)

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 6:28:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what about the last line? Incorpotation

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 7:59:00 pm  
Blogger Cassandra said...

I recieved this info, too. I have to say it was not easy finding this website telling me that this is a scam. I wish there was more info avail... but I did not respond. As soon as I see they are going to use my bank account, I know it is a scam.

Monday, November 03, 2008 4:28:00 pm  
Blogger brsolutions said...

I also received this email and kept it for later review as I've been looking for a job and I was tempted to click on the link in the email and go forward, however I checked and found this. I think it's despicable that someone would attempt to exploit my weakness. Shame on them.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:21:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home