Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Monday, October 27, 2008

Edbein Patrick

 

Fraud.

One out of five!

I have a new email address!
You can now email me at: edbein_patrick2@yahoo.in



- FROM:THE DESK OF MR EDBEIN PATRICK. DIRECTOR.BILL AND EXCHANGE DEPT. UTB BANK. LOME-TOGO.WEST AFRICA. REPLY TO THIS E-mail ADDRESS(e_coker1991@yahoo.com) I sourced your email from a human resource profile database in the chamber, my name is Mr Edbein Patrick. An account officer to late Mr.Thompson Goldstein from America who is an gold merchant Agent here in Lome-Togo, a well known Philanthropist before he died. He made a Will stating that $15.5M(Fifteen million, five hundred thousand U.S. dollars only) should be given to a Charity Organization of our choice in Africa. I have made a random draw and your e-mail address was picked as the beneficiary to this Will. I am particularly interested in securing this money from the Bank because they have issued a notice instructing me been the account officer to produce the beneficiary of this before end of this 2008 else the money will be credited to the Government treasury as per law here. It is my utmost desire to execute the Will of my late client Mr. Thompson Goldstein since he is no more alive, both wife Thelma Thompson, and daughter Sheryl Goldstein. Please for more details concerning him and how he died, you can visit this website: www.cnn.com/2000/US/02/01 /alaska.airlines.list/ If you are interested, you are required to contact me immediately with the bello information to start the documentation process with the help of a legal practitioner. I urge you to contact me immediately for further details bearing in mind that the Bank has given us a date limit, Please act fast. I await your urgent response. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR RETURN MAIL . THANKS AND HAVE A GREAT DAY. REPLY TO THIS E-mail ADDRESS(e_coker1991@yahoo.com) Best Regards, Mr Edbein Patrick.

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home