Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Michael Kumalo

 

Fraud.

One out of five!

Sir,
Re: Business offer to Daisy_Analysis_Ltd
I would like this business letter to be read without prejudice and please Daisy_Analysis_Ltd if this transaction sounds unusual to you, do not get aggravated or act in any unexpected manner rather ignore the message. I am aware of the outburst of internet misuse in this present time but let me assure you that the business offer I am presenting to you/your institution is backed by independently verifiable facts. You shall be availed the opportunity to verify all the proof that shall be provided to you in the subsequent email that shall follow if we agree to pursue this project. Please if you are interested in this business offer, feel free to contact me at mklkhumalo2008@sify.com .
I am of the opinion and do strongly believe that if you happen to come across a viable, profitable and risk free business venture, you would not hesitate to participate in it. I am writing this letter to invite you to partake in a business that promises huge returns and spans for a month or less. My name is Michael Khumalo. As a banker with South African Bank of Athens Limited. Registered Bank. ( Reg. No.: 947/025414/06). Authorized Financial Services Provider Registered Credit Provider (NCRCP 6), I facilitated and actualized the registration of an investment multi-currently offshore account on behalf of a ZISCO contractor in our institution.
I was subsequently nominated as his account manager hence I have been overseeing the activities of the account since the time of opening until the present moment. This said account was used to secure the sum of 9 million United States dollars which was one lump sum payment made in favor of the contractor for a supply he executed with ZISCO Steel Zimbabwe.
The said account was opened in the year 2000. The reason why I have chosen to contact you is that the account owner passed away in May 2002 and in our record there is no data of any next of kin or co-beneficiary. For the past 6 years up until the present moment, the bank has been waiting for any possible information from his home country regarding his next-of-kin or co-beneficiary but none has come to our attention. Being the account manager, I have been designated to carry out an extensive quest to find out his relatives so that they could come and lay claims on the funds. This has made me travel to his country and finally I gathered that he was actually a fugitive and he neither had a relative nor a next-of-kin.
Now, the bank only needs me to endorse the funds as an unclaimed fund so that it shall be reverted to the national reserve. I am in the capacity to present anyone as the next of kin to the late businessman since I shall be the one to endorse same. This is why I have contacted you.
Due to this medium of information exchange, I shall not provide all details regarding this business. Additionally, if we agree to pursue this business transaction, I shall provide you a more detailed information and independently confirmable documents and from there you would understand the name of the person, his identity, the reasons why he has no next _of-kin and also the reason why he is a fugitive.
It has always been my dream to build an orphanage and a drug rehabilitation center because of the scourge of drug abuse and abandoned children in our country. As a gesture of my little contribution to the society, humanity and mankind, I have decided not to allow this fund go to the national reserve as unclaimed funds hence I have also decided to keep this fund for the project of an orphanage and a drug rehabilitation center. I am prepared to present you as the next of kin to the late contractor so that we can transfer this funds oversea.
The only agreement we shall sign in the course of this business transaction is a confidentiality agreement which I have already drafted. As I said, this matter is absolutely of no risk because when you arrive in pursuance of this expedition, I am the same person you shall be meeting in the bank to sign the relevant documents regarding the release of the funds to next of kin. Also during the entire process of this business, you shall be communicating with me. I shall send you a copy of my international passport and other identities including my corporate profile so that you would know whom you are dealing with incase you arrive.
I am in full capacity to execute this transaction with you except that you shall be required to sign the relevant documents in the bank where I work so a visit is very important. I am ready to compensate you with half of the total funds. If you find this offer interesting please contact me so that I can provide you independently verifiable proof of the deal and also I shall email you directly from the banks official website a copy of the statement of account of the late businessman.
For the sake of this matter please contact me at my private email address:
mklkhumalo2008@sify.com
MKLKHUMALO2008@SIFY.COM
(use can use copy and paste to lift the email address to avoid possible errors)
As soon as you email me please kindly endeavor to call me on my mobile phone number: +27 788470763
In your reply to this business letter, please provide me your mobile phone number, your fax number and your private email address and please do write a detailed email to me in pursuance of this matter. We have less than 10 working days to execute this deal. Let me know your interest. Please if you are not interested in this matter, do not get provoked, simply ignore it and as I promise, I will never contact you again.
Thanks,
Michael Khumalo

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home