Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Thursday, October 23, 2008

James Levinson - virgin.com

 

Fraud. Would Virgin use GMail? NO!! NO!!

I've now got upwards of fifty of these to my main e-mail addresses. I dread to think how many are in my spam trap. Always be suspicious when you get more than one e-mail.

One out of five!

Virgin.com

Looking for part-time job?

In 2008 Virgin became more global than ever before, because creating and capitalizing on opportunities is about staying on the move.
We have a vacant position “Private Client Manager” in our team and will be glad to have you work with us.

This is part-time job (2-3 hours a day, except holidays) and the position provides support filling the transactions of our customers.
We deal exclusively with private clients with special requirements for high speed of receiving funds for their business .
Consumers value the services we offer. What we do, helping people stay connected, brings vitality to relationships.
And thinking responsibly for the company and the community is the anchor of how we do business

Your work would be basic at first , yet thorough - you will make transfers for our clients to suit their needs.
Our mangers will assist you during the trial period and explain everything you will need to know.
We offer a competitive salary: for the first month you will get 1700 GBP for your work, the next month your salary will be increased if you do your work responsible and on time.

Send us an e-mail to: hrmanager.levinson@gmail.com

with phone numbers and time to reach you, and we will contact you and answer all your questions.

Try us and you'll be glad you did!

Regards,
James Levinson
HR Manager,Virgin.com

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too right. 1st email is slightly plausible. Second one full of spelling mistakes and the suggestion that you have to receive funds from investors into your personal account and then transfer them on to clients must ring alarm bells

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 12:14:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I replied to the message.
Subject of the e-mail: Thanks.
Body of the e-mail:
I am Sagar Gorijala, son of Dr.G.Sambasiva Rao. I am an Indian. I live in Andhra Pradesh ( State ), Rajahmundry ( City ). Right now, I am preparing for my examinations. I would like to have this job. I will be available from 27th November. +91 is the ISD code for India. 9966537242 is the mobile number on which I will be available. I will available after 20:00 IST ( Indian Standard Time ) on this mobile number. I am glad I received such an opportunity. I am very eager to work for you. I need this part-time job.

Permanent Address:
Sagar Gorijala,
S/O Dr. G. Sambasiva Rao,
Tirunetralayam, Near R.T.C Busstand,
Nandigama, Krishna District,
Andhra Pradesh,
India, 521185.

Present Address:
Sagar Gorijala,
S/O Dr. G. Sambasiva Rao,
Staff Quarters 107,
G.S.L Medical College,
NH-5, Lakshmi Puram,
Rajahmundry,
Andhra Pradesh,
India, 533294

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 2:17:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I e-mailed twice. I received two such similar e-mails with few differences such as names and e-mail ids.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008 2:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home