Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Li Wong

 

Fraud.

One out of five!

Good day,

I am Mr.Li Wong a transfer supervisor operations in investment section in Bank of China Ltd,Hong Kong.I have a obscured business suggestion for you.

Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client General Mohammed Jassim Ali who was with the Iraqi forces and also business man made a numbered fixed deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value of Nineteen millions Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars only in my branch. Upon maturity several notice was sent to him, even during the war early this year. Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later find out that the general and his family had been killed during the war in bomb blast that hit their home.

After further investigation it was also discovered that General Mohammed Jassim Ali did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank. So, Nineteen millions Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me most is that according to the to the laws of my country at the expiration 5 years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.

Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to General Mohammed Jassim Ali so that you will be able to receive his funds.

Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue. Once the funds have been transferred to your nominated bank account we shall share in the ratio of 60% for me, 40% for you.If interested send your response to this email address:(mr.li_wong01@live.com)

Kind Regards
Mr.Li Wong

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home