Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mr. Harry

 

Fraud.

One out of five!

I am a staff of a reputable bank here in South Africa. I will give you the name of the bank and other important information if I receive a positive reply from you. For security reasons I cannot disclose my full identity to you for now until I am sure of your cooperation. I work in the operations dept where I serve as account officer tonumerous customers. One of the customers whom I worked as his account officer was a wealthy diamond merchant from the Republic of Sierra Leone , a country in West Africa .

He lost his family in the war. He was lucky to escape alive and came to this country with his wealth. Unfortunately he died in car accident in Johannesburg in one year back.Because this man was good to me when he was alive, I took it upon myself to travel to his country last month, to see if I could locate any of his close relations. On reaching there I discovered that no one survivor in that family. I sponsored this trip on my own and nobody in the bank knew I was undertaking the journey so I did not present any official report of my findings in South Africa .

Now there are two things I could do with respect to the dead man's money. First, as his accounts officer, I could formally notify the bank authorities that the man is dead and has no next of kin. In this case the money would be forfeited to the government after some time. 0n the other hand, I can arrange for someone, a foreigner, to act as the next of kin of the late man so that he/she can claim the money. This is the option l have decided to take to help myself and whoever that God brings my way. I took this option after my findings that this fund actually was a public fund looted by highly place government officials under the brutal military government in Siera Lone. I want you to be my partner. All you would have to do is act as the next of kin of the dead man and the whole money in the account will be transferred to your nominated bank account. As the account officer to the late man, I have all the necessary documents that you require to claim the money in the account.

The total money in the account is USD$9.5 million. I hope to resign my job as a banker after the successful transfer of this money to join you in a viable business partnership at the eventual transfer of this fund. Kindly reach me immediately using my email. Also provide me with your direct telephone and fax numbers for easy communication.


Waiting for your urgent response
Yours truly,
Mr. Harry

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home