Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Monday, August 11, 2008

Felicia Tomillah

 

Fraud.

One out of five!

Greetings

My name is Mrs. Felicia Tomillah, from the Northern Province of Sierra Leone. I am the widow of the Late Mr. Fredrick Tomillah, the managing director of Sierra Leone diamond mining co-operation. I am currently living in a refugee centre. At the moment, my family have been unfortunate to find ourselves caught up in a very obstinate position. I know you will be astonished to receive this letter, but it is of paramount importance to me and my family.

In any case, I am about to put my fate and the fate of my whole family in your hands, if you can help us, it will also be of enormous benefit to you too. This matter requires extreme confidence, truthfulness, integrity and most essential, privacy. It is only through the above that my family and I will be assured of our safety.
This deplorable situation led to the murder of my husband and only daughter and the displacement of my family.

My late husband of blessed memory was cruelly murdered by the rebels; he was murdered with my only daughter.
But my two sons and I managed to flee, with the help of the International Rescue Committee (IRC). My late husband, before his untimely death, however made me aware of a box containing a large sum of money which he smuggled out at the start of the war to a security company in Madrid. (The security company does not know the real contents of the box. He registered it in the name of my son as family arts and monuments) He also gave me the certificate of deposit and receipt issued to him by the security company, which I still have in my possession.

The setback I have is that as a person in exile, the immigration law does not allow us to open or hold operate bank account in London and I do not want to seek the assistance of just anybody for fear of being duped or defraud of our only livelihood, I have sold almost all my jewelleries to try to sustain us, hence our condition at the refugee camp is immensely pitiable.

You are however, required is to give us your full name, telephone and faxnumbers and contact address so that I can secure a Power of Attorney in your favour that would enable you contact the security company as the beneficiary of the box. You can then move the funds to your bank account after the box must have been released to you. In order to make it worth your while, we will give you part of the money. We have also map out five percent of the whole sum for any expenses that you may incurred during the transaction process which includes your travelling fee, we intend to put in the remaining part of the money on your advice in any profitable ventures in your country, you may even act as our financial adviser if you are so willing. If you want to help, you should contact my son James Tomillah who recently got a job in one of the local firms here in London on his email address :(jamestomillah821@gmail.com) I am looking forward to your urgent reply, as I believe that fate has brought us together.

Yours Faithfully,
Mrs. Felicia Tomillah

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home