Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Peter Wong - Again

 

Fraud. Note the message at the bottom, saying from where it was sent.

One out of five!

Hello,

I am Mr. Wong Peter, Banker (Hang Seng Bank, Hong Kong) and financial adviser to late (Mr. Burke Sean). Prior to his unexpected death in August, 2000 he deposited the sum of money ($6.5 million United States dollars) with my financial institution Hang Seng Bank, Hong Kong.

Eventually, he died in a plane crash and since his death we have not heard from anybody nor have anyone come up for the claims as the next of kin. This is a situation I have monitored closely.

Now having monitored this deposit and managed it over the years before his death and hence nobody has showed up as the next of kin for the past years, I now solicit for your assistance to present you as the next of kin as every other arrangement has been concluded by me; I am only waiting for a foreigner to take possession of the deposit from the Bank. This does not have any risk attached to it as the entire document required for claims will be obtained legally.

As his financial adviser I cannot make claim of the funds all by myself, I have to do is to donate somebody as his next of kin and beneficiary to make claims of the subject matter. I therefore request you to confirm your interest by a return message and I will furnish you with details on how to go about the claim of the deposit from the Bank.

I wait for your response with contact details.

Sincerely,

Mr. WONG.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent from St. Paul's Secondary School (www.spss.edu.hk) Internet Messaging System

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home