Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Martin Benjamin

 

Fraud.

One out of five!

My name is Dr.Martin Benjamin; I am the credit officer in a Bank here in United Kingdom. I have a business proposal in the tune of 24.5m pounds to be transferred to an offshore account with your assistance.

After the successful transfer, we shall share in ratio of 30% for you and 70% for me.
If you are interested, please respond to my letter immediately, so we can commerce all arrangements and I will give you more information on the project and how we would handle it.

Please treat this business with utmost confidentiality.

You can contact me on my private phone number: +44 703 590 2566 or email me back immediately on (m_benjamin2ooo@yahoo.com.hk) The following informations is very necessary for this transaction:

Full names:
Private phone number:
Current residential address:
Occupation:
Age and Sex:

I look forward to hear from you.

Kind Regards,
Dr.Martin Benjamin

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home