Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Zaohang Lin

 

Fraud.

One out of five!

Email::privatemail_zaohanglin@yahoo.com.hk

Dear Associate,

Thank you for giving me your time. Please be patient and read my email to you.

I am Zaohang Lin, bank manager of the Bank of China, Shenzhen branch.Prior to this position, I was attached to Private Banking services.I am contacting you concerning an investment placed under our banks management 4 years ago; you are contacted independently out of investigation in the bank. I would like to intimate you with certain facts that I believe would be of interest to you.

In the year 1998, a certain Mr Robert Rice came to our bank to engage in business discussions with our Private Banking Services Department. He informed us that he had a financial portfolio of 30 million United States dollars, which he wished to have us invest on his behalf. I was the officer assigned to his case; I then proceeded to provide numerous suggestions and advise in line with my duties as the de-facto Chief Operations officer of the Private Banking Services Department, especially given the volume of funds he wished to put into our bank. We met on numerous occasions prior to any investments being placed.
I encouraged him to consider various growth funds with prime ratings. The favored route in my advice to customers is to start by assessing data on 600 traditional stocks and bond managers and alternative investments. Based on my advice, we spun the money around various opportunities and made very attractive profits margins during our first months of operation; the accrued profit and interest at this point stood at over 34.5 million United States dollars. He desired low risk and guaranteed returns on investments, and as such we could not utilize the full potential of the funds.

On November 6, 2001, he requested disinvestments and directed that the funds be deposited in a Fixed (Numbered) Deposit account in my branch for 12 calendar months. His instructions were precisely followed to the latter and all the funds recalled from the active market and deposited.

Upon maturity, I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, the Chinese Solid Minerals Corporation that he died from an automobile accident. On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless.

I therefore made further investigation and discovered that he did not declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank. This money is still sitting in my Bank and the interest is being rolled over with the principal sum at the end of each year. No one will ever come forward to claim it.

According to Laws of Republic of China, at the expiration of 6 (six) years, the money will revert to the ownership of the Chinese Government if nobody applies to claim the fund.

What I wish to relate to you will smack of unethical practice but I want you to understand something. It is only an outsider to the banking world who finds the internal politics of the banking world aberrational. The world of private banking especially is fraught with huge rewards for those who occupy certain offices and versee certain portfolios. You should have begun by now to put together the general direction of what I am proposing.

Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand in as the next of kin to the man so that the fruits of this old man's labor will not get into the hands of some corrupt government officials. This is simple, I will like you to provide immediately your full names and address so that the attorney will prepare the necessary documents and affidavits that will put you in place as the next of kin.

We shall employ the services of an attorney for drafting and tarization of the WILL and to obtain the necessary documents and letter of probate/administration in your favor for the transfer. A bank account in any part of the world that you will provide will then facilitate the transfer of this money to you as the beneficiary/next of kin. The money will be paid into your account for us to share in the ratio of 50% for me and 50% for you.

There is no risk at all as all the paperwork for this transaction will be done by the attorney and my position as the Branch Manager guarantees the successful execution of this transaction. If you are interested, please reply immediately to this email:privatemail_zaohanglin@yahoo.com.hk

I am aware of the consequences of this proposal. I ask that if you find no interest in this project that you should discard this mail. I am not doing anything against good conscience. I know that this may be hard for you to understand, but the dynamics of my industry dictates that I make this move. Such opportunities only come once in a lifetime. I am a family man and this is an opportunity to provide them with new opportunities. There is a reward for this project and it is a task worth undertaking. I have evaluated the risks and the only risk

I have here is from you refusing to work with me and alerting my bank. I am the only one who knows of this situation, good fortune has blessed you with a name that has planted you into the center of relevance in my life.
Let's share the blessing.

Do not betray my confidence. If we can be of one accord, we should plan a meeting, soon. Please observe utmost confidentiality, and rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my share in your country.

Thanks and regards.

Zaohang Lin.

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home