Making the Most of the Internet - Blog

 

Monday, December 01, 2008

Macaulay Jones

 

Fraud.

One out of five!

I have a new email address!
You can now email me at: macaulayjonesbm@rocketmail.com



- Dear Sir/Madam, I am Mr. Macaulay Jones,I work in the packaging and courier dept of the Central Bank of Mauritius,{Central Africa} I want you to help me clear this package that is already in Europe which I shipped through our accredited courier agent but the contents of the package is $12M. All in $100.00 bills, but the courier company does not know that it is money that I have in the package. kindly reply immediatelly with the underlisted details: 1. Name and addres s 2. Direct Telephone and fax numbers. 3. Age and occupation. Upon your response, I shall then provide you with more details. Thanks & God Bless You. Regards, Mr. Macaulay Jones

Important Notes :-

1. Whatever you do, do not respond to any e-mail like this. If you have given bank details to any fraudster like this, then inform your bank immediately and also make sure that you close the account.

2. If the e-mail mentions a well known e-mail address such as from gmail.com, live.com, yahoo.com etc., then why not forward the offending e-mail to abuse@gmail.com, abuse@live.com etc. Hopefully, they'll remove the e-mail address, which will stop people being sucked in.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home